Moving & Relocation
The following is a partial list of typical services offered:
- Guiding the client through the process of "clutter
control" and deciding which items to take to the new home.
- Space planning and furniture placement for the new residence
- Offering options regarding the disposition of items -- to most
benefit the client
- Acting as liaison with recipients of items -- families, friends,
charities, auction houses, estate sale professionals and orchestration
of the process
- Providing the valuation of donations to non-profit agencies for tax
- Arranging for phone, utilities, mail forwarding, etc.
- Acting as liaison with the moving company and client and supervising
- Organizing at the new residence to re-create a comfortable home for
- "Other duties as assigned"
Moving is an extremely stressful process, ranking right up there with
the loss of a spouse or a loved one. Many seniors are especially affected,
as they consider moving from their larger homes after the loss of their
mate or because of physical limitations. Grief alone affects our
ability to function as efficiently as we did, prior to the loss.
When we add that to the aging process and overwhelm with the sheer
volume of "stuff" in our homes, we often experience paralysis
and the inability to make decisions. Many times people refuse to act, even
if this is a move they want to make to improve the quality of their lives.
(For information on types of senior living options, see Adult Living
Professional organizers who have experience with seniors can be of
enormous assistance at times such as these. Some clients prefer to have
the professional organizer orchestrate all aspects of the move, while
others prefer to participate in a more interactive role. Communication and
flexibility are essential elements in a successful move. Understanding
that moving can be an emotionally charged event, everything possible is
done to reduce stress, and make this an enjoyable experience.
Utilizing the NAPO concept of "Together, We Are Better,"
Jeanne will often use teams of professional organizers to facilitate a
smooth transition, especially if time is a factor. However, she acts as
team leader, supervises the entire process, and thus takes personal
responsibility for the success of the project.
Exit Stage Right has helped several of our trust department clients move
to Assisted Living Facilities. Our clients love working with Jeanne Smith.
She is warm, caring and very professional as she assists older people during
this stressful time in their lives.
Diana M. Saidin
Vice-President & Trust Officer
Borel Private Bank & Trust Company